This one-day course will provide you with the latest evidence based neuroprotective education and practical tools to make an immediate impact on those living with Multiple Sclerosis. Historically the management for MS was relatively conservative, however NOW you have the ability to slow down the progression of MS using key exercise principles including high intensity interval training.
This course will provide you with practical skills and knowledge that you will be able to implement into your practice immediately. The course will cover;
- An overview of MS and the latest medical approaches
- The six core principles of exercise specific to MS
- The correct use of high intensity interval training for MS
- How to manage Fatigue, heat and neuropathic pain
- How to treat newly diagnosed and minimally impaired clients with MS
- Slow down disease progression
- A mixed learning style will be delivered including practical demonstrations
Gilly Davy from Connect Neuro Physiotherapy, is an experienced senior neurological physiotherapist, clinical educator and an expert in treating Multiple Sclerosis. She is the founder of MS Get a Head start, an innovative six-week intensive rehab and education program for MS. Gilly is passionate about sharing practical knowledge of the latest evidence based rehabilitation approaches. She was awarded the Australian Physiotherapy Association 2015 Ipsen Contribution to Neurological Physiotherapy.
This course is open to physiotherapists, occupational therapists and exercise physiologists.