Stand up for your Rehab
Come and join us and be inspired
Thursday 5th October 2017
As humans we are designed to stand, we are bipedal, so why in rehabilitation do people spend nearly all of their time sat down?
Join us for an educational evening talk that will take you on a journey through the neurophysiology and mechanisms of why standing is so important for rehabilitation. Standing is something that we take for granted until it is taken away from us. Walking is nearly everyone’s goal in rehab, whether it is to walk again, stay walking or improve their walking…..to be able to even consider walking we need to be standing.
There is numerous benefits of being upright against gravity, but how do we create this? and how much standing is actually needed?
This evening 1 hour evening lecture is for both health professionals and the public, as a health professional we need to continue to push the envelope on the therapy we provide and as someone who is receiving therapy it is essential that you also push your own rehab journey with as much knowledge and understanding as possible.
We will be discussing why everyone should be standing up for their rehab:
- What actual happens to our body when we stand – learn what areas of your brain are engaged and the impact of standing on organs etc
- Why are people with neurological conditions not standing
- How can we get people upright against gravity more
- Be inspired by live demonstrations of some of the latest robotic technologies in action including REX Bionics
- Find out what the latest evidence based research is behind standing
- Discover why the sitting disease is actually a disease
Date: Thursday 5th October 2017
Time: 6:30pm with talk starting at 7pm prompt
Venue: Amtech Medical 525 Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland