What is it?
A neuro protective specialised evidence based exercise approach for not only managing, but improving and slowing down the effects of Parkinson’s Disease.
PD Warrior delivers:
- The new Parkinson’s treatment – Exercise is MEDICINE
- A 10 week challenge
- Personalised exercise program utilising the 7 key principles of exercise for Parkinson’s
- Focusing on driving self management through empowerment
- Either one on one or attend our group circuit class
- A strong community and peer connection as you join the fight against Parkinson’s
- Be BIGGER, LOUDER, FASTER, and know you are fighting your Parkinson’s
- Achieve your goals
- Improved day to day function and quality of life
- Understand your Parkinson’s to a greater depth and know what you need to do to slow the progression down
- REAL CHANGE – REAL RESULTS
“PD Warrior is an exercise philosophy designed to help you slow your Parkinson’s down. Bringing together the latest evidence with the experience and success of training thousands of people, PD Warrior proves that exercise is medicine. What makes PD Warrior so effective, is its proactive approach to exercise and improving your quality of life. It is important not to wait for symptoms to impact on your daily life before getting involved. Investing now to slow your Parkinson’s down will enable you to control your Parkinson’s – before it controls you.” PD Warrior Website.
All individuals have to be fully assessed and receive a minimum of 1-2 one on one follow up sessions before they will be able to attend the circuit class. This is to ensure that you not only get a program tailored to you but you will also learn the essential principles behind the program and exercise for Parkinson’s Disease.
If you are interested in this type of program you will also find the online education video an essential resource
Connect Neuro Physiotherapy is proud to be able to bring PD Warrior over the ditch from Australia to Auckland and the rest of New Zealand. Gilly Davy is not only a certified instructor and licenses holder but she also was part of PD Warrior in its development stages from its base site Advance Rehab Centre in Sydney, where Gilly was based for 3 and half years. She still assists with lecturing the health professional courses. With experience in treating over 400 people with Parkinson Disease Gilly can tailor your PD Warrior experience unique to you.