Updated April 2014
Connect Neuro Physiotherapy is committed to protecting your privacy. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Connect Neuro Physiotherapy has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
The agreement below outlines our policy in detail. The highlights are as follows:
- We won’t ever allow any other company to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
- We use server logs and third-party analytics services to enable us to understand how our users are using the site and to guide usability and other improvements.
1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance Of Terms
Connect Neuro Physiotherapy is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing Connect Neuro Physiotherapy, you acknowledge and fully understand this Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
Contact information means personal information such as your name, address, phone number and email address that is provided to us for the purposes of interacting with us through the web site. For example, it includes details that you enter in relation to a general enquiry on a “contact us” form on our web site.
Health information means personal information collected or generated by us during the course of providing paid physiotherapy services to you;
Personal information means information that identifies you or could be used to identify you (including contact information and health information);
We, us and our and similar words refer to Connect Neuro Physiotherapy.
Web site refers to the site located at the domain connectneurophysiotherapy.com
3. Activities which involve providing different types of personal information
In the course of our interaction with you the types of personal information that we collect will vary according to the type of activity as follows:
a. Contact information
- Enquiring: You will need to provide contact information to us if you choose to submit a question or request to us via email or using our “contact us” form. The information that you will need to provide will include a name, and one or more means to contact you (whether by telephone, email address, or skype or other media);
- Subscribing: You will need to provide contact information to us if you choose to receive updates and information periodically. This contact information will include a name and either an email address, or a username for a particular social networking service (e.g. FaceBook, Linked In )
- Submitting Payments: When purchasing a service from our web site, you may also provide sensitive and confidential payment information. This payment information may take the form of credit card details, PayPal details or bank account details. We also record your computer’s unique Internet Protocol (IP) address when you make the payments;
- Other Activities: We may use information for purposes not listed above in the following circumstances: (a) where specifically authorised by you; (b) where the use is related to one of the primary purposes listed above and where it could reasonably be expected; (c) where it is necessary for us to comply with the law or the lawful direction of a governmental authority or court; or (d) where it is in the interests of public health and safety.
b. Health Information
To provide a tailored rehabilitation program and service, health information will be collected through an online questionnaire which is designed to obtain a detailed medical history and other information required to recommend a treatment plan.
4. How we will not use the personal information that you provide
We will not give, lend, rent or sell your personal information to any third party telemarketing, market research organisation or email list building organisation that might on-sell it to other people or organisations. We will not use or disclose your health information except in accordance with your directions, or as necessary to deliver our health services to you.
5. How we will use the personal information that you provide
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
- To fulfill your service requests for services
- To protect ourselves from liability
- To respond to legal process or comply with law
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of Connect Neuro physiotherapy
We will never share your email address or other contact information with other companies, except to enable fulfillment of specific requests you have made.
a. Contact Information
We may use or disclose your contact information for the following purposes:
- Answering Queries: If you have contacted us with a query or request, we will use your contact information to respond to that query or request;
- Providing Information: If you subscribe to receive information from us in the form of a newsletter or emailed updates, or a feed via a social networking service, we will use your contact information to send that information to you from time to time. The information may take the form of general communications which simply allow us to “keep in touch” with you, or may be direct marketing material which contains special promotions and special offers;
- Usage Analysis: We use your information to generate a holistic but anonymous picture of our user base and usage patterns. This information allows us to analyse trends and demographics and helps us to improve on the content and services provided.
b. Health information
We may use or disclose your health information for the following purposes:
- Treatment/Recommendations: We will use your health information to enable us to diagnose your condition, and (where appropriate) to recommend a treatment plan and to provide you with further information about treatment options, or to provide you with answers to specific questions;
- Business Management: We will use your health information to allow us to manage our business, for example through planning, or evaluating and assessing the cost-effectiveness of a particular treatment or service;
- Quality Assurance: We will use your health information to enable us to perform quality assurance or clinical audit activities, where we evaluate and seek to improve the delivery of a particular treatment or service;
- Compliance: We will use your health information to comply with accreditation activities, and the requirements of professional and industry bodies such as the Physiotherapy Board of Australia;
- Complaints Handling: We will use your health information to respond to complaints made by you;
- Insurance: We will use your health information to co-operate with our liability insurers (e.g. by disclosing details to a medical expert, insurer, defence organisation or legal advisor) in the event that we become aware of a potential or actual claim against us by you;
- Defence of Claims: We will use your health information obtain advice and legal services in relation to the defence of potential or actual legal proceedings.
c. Personal information
We may use personal information (both contact information and health information) for the following purposes:
- Payment Administration: We will use financial data to process payments, and (if necessary) co-ordinate refunds.
- Fraud Prevention: Online businesses such as us occasionally suffer from the fraudulent activities of some shoppers. We have the right to use the personal information that we collect to verify your identity.. The checks will usually be done only if there is a reason to suspect fraud;
- Debt Recovery: We may use your personal information to recover debts owing to us;
- Other: We may also disclose your personal information where required or necessary under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (e.g. if it is necessary to prevent a serious threat to public safety etc).
6. Disclosing personal information that you provide
During the course of our business, we may disclose your personal information as follows:
- Service Providers: Third party companies and individuals (Google) is engaged from time to time to perform specific business services for us. These services include trend analysis, marketing and promotions. We may need to provide some of your details to these services providers (or require you to provide your details directly to them) in order for them to perform their functions. We will only do so where it is strictly necessary for them to perform these functions;
- Authorities etc: We will pass on information relating to suspected fraudulent activity to appropriate authorities including the police, banks and credit card issuers, or otherwise if required to do so by law;
7. Changing your communication preferences
We do not disseminate spam, as we only send information to people who have requested it. If you have requested information from us in the past, but have now changed your mind, please either:
- click on the “unsubscribe” link in any one of our communications (if available); or
- reply to any of our email messages using the word “unsubscribe” in the heading; or
There is no charge associated with being removed from our mailing or communications list.
8. Accessing Web Account Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us via our enquiry form.
9. Contacting Us
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us via our enquiry form.
Connect Neuro Physiotherapy 2014 All Rights Reserved